Just two weeks ago I gave recognition to some of The People Bank’s staffing professionals for their great commitment and their successful completion of the Certified Personnel Consultant designation. Again, I am equally proud to announce that Pat Sykes, John Cappelli, Lorri Sumner, Helen El Kady & Rickardo Earle have also been notified of their successful completion of the CPC exams. This group of the People Bank/Aimco employees is in addition to the recent announcement of Aaron Campeau, Alfredo DeLeon, Tracey Arsenault, & Kathy March.
Certification through ACSESS helps recruitment professionals increase their performance. It signifies for clients and candidates that a recruiter has made a serious commitment to professionalism, high performance and ethics in a highly competitive industry. The CPC designation is administered by the Association of Canadian Search, Employment & Staffing Services in Canada and other staffing industry associations in countries around the world. The CPC designation gives credibility that is recognized by clients, candidates and peers.
Along with a minimum amount of required industry experience, the CPC is comprised of five core modules including:
Legal Aspects Staffing Services including Government Regulations, Employment Standards
- Co-Employment issues in the staffing industry, employment standards, employment contracts and employment legislation.
Legal Aspects Recruitment Practices including Human Rights, PIPEDA, Employment Equity
- Human Rights legislation including employment applications, hiring practices, discrimination, duty to accommodate, harassment, principles of diversity and equality in the workplace including PIPEDA and Employment Equity.
Health and Safety
- Relevant regulations of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, including WHMIS, critical injury, designated substances and first aid plus regulations under applicable provincial Compensation Acts and basic injury/illness reporting requirements.
Recruitment and Selection
- Key steps and processes that contribute to effective sourcing of candidates and choosing the candidate most likely to fit client requirements, the required steps in the recruitment and selection process, behavioural and situational interviews, screening, testing and reference checking.
Business Practices and Ethics
- Acceptable industry business practices and recognizing ethical and unethical staffing practices, recruiter, client and candidate behaviours and strategies of handling situations.
Whether you are a job seeker who wants to receive professional treatment or an employer who wants to hire with confidence, always look for the ACSESS logo and the initials “CPC” following your recruiters name.
Pat Sykes, CPC John Cappelli, CPC
Lorri Sumner, CPC Helen El Kady, CPC
Rickardo Earle, CPC
Kathy March, CPC Tracey Arseneau, CPC
Alfredo de Leon, CPC Aaron Campau, CPC
Thank you for your commitment and congratulations!